How did you tell your partner?

April

Just April
... I was a total coward and I let it all happen to me Instead of putting her in her place right off the bat and making sure she stayed there.
That sounds misogynistic. But it's true.

Even others close to us recognized it and told me. But I was scared of her.

In my 30's and 40's I was a virile sexual person in my prime. 15 yrs of that was lost to misery.
I was 100% honest and open to her in the beginning. The hysterectomy changed everything.
Not only physically but my emotional needs as well. Right out the window. She did

I tried to be a very supportive and loving spouse and good husband, helped her and backed off sexually.
The effect though, was that it amplified the existing personality that was already there.
As long as she was comfortable in her own mind I didn't matter. As long as I kept being a good boy and supporting her existence.

If any of you have to think about hysterectomy for your partner, unless it's immediately life threateningly serious,.. think twice. Seek other options.
It's a big business for the gyno's tearing women's guts out. They don't care. It's money for them every surgery they perform.
The future ramifications for the family can be life altering

If any of the younger ones see these posts we've written here take heed !!

Don't waste big portions of the precious years we have and your youthful energy .

Don't be scared and hide.

Don't waste your time with the wrong person out of fear.

Maybe the hard choices and learn from some of our mistakes
Since she was 28 years old.
I friggin medal I should get. 40 years of menopause.

Cladet

Hey girls just wanted to jump in and say a few things. First I'm a straight lady. Second I have a CD friend. I totally support her lifestyle.
Dont let someone else judge you or make you feel less of yourself. How a person looks or dresses should not determine the person. If you have a good heart and love your fellow humans that is all that matters. Hold your head up high and remember your beautiful inside and out. If someone doesn't like it or approve then that's their problem. Love you all. Happy Easter.

Sometimes_Caroline

4 inch heels
Country flag
Hey girls just wanted to jump in and say a few things. First I'm a straight lady. Second I have a CD friend. I totally support her lifestyle.
Dont let someone else judge you or make you feel less of yourself. How a person looks or dresses should not determine the person. If you have a good heart and love your fellow humans that is all that matters. Hold your head up high and remember your beautiful inside and out. If someone doesn't like it or approve then that's their problem. Love you all. Happy Easter.
Thank you very much for those words Ma'am, Welcome to the group and happy Easter ?

Veronica Lane

Feeling Fabulous Darling
Welcome to the group Hon. So glad to have you here :)

Alexa

Here and now
Country flag
Yes Welcome Marlinda and thank for your comments ?

Casandra Ann

Hello to everyone. Feel free to say hi back!
Country flag
My wife shops for me and understands it's a part of who I am. She married me the whole me...
We talk about everything and are honest with each other...feelings are just that feelings and are never wrong.
Long story I told her what I liked about it and why I liked it. I am straight so she had no issues with trying to compete with a male.
No insecurities on her part OR mine.
We like each other and shop together.
Hope it all works/worked out!

Cladet

Before telling my wife I had read up on what others had done and recommended. Advice like: Don't get ' accidently caught,' don't be drunk, be ready to answer all sorts of questions and don't show your favorite 'sexy you' pictures. I had all sorts of information printed out ... facts, statistics etc. about your typical hetrosexual crossdresser. I thought, because she's a very factual person, she'd appreciate that.

I was wrong, there were no questions, just an emotional shutdown, blank face, silence... I talked too much. I was unprepared for that, I had imagined a robust discussion. Essentially, I had just told her someone she cared for has died. It was weeks before she was ready to 'talk' about it and it wasn't much of a conversation even then. For the most part she carries on like I don't crossdress, even when I'm crossdressed. She's conflicted by it - some days she can meet my eyes when I'm dressed up, some days she cannot. She'll agree to a dress up night at home and then cancel because she's not up to it. Think about what that means.

I'm glad I told her, years ago, but I wish I realized then how much emotional work is involved that first time and in continuing to process crossdressing over the years. My wife is tolerant of crossdressing, and she is kind about it too. To paraphrase Micki Finn at https://mickifinn.com/, I have no doubt if there was a pill to 'cure' crossdressing my wife would have slipped it in my coffee long ago.
My heart goes out to you.

Trillian352

Bi part time closeted crossdresser
Country flag
Every girlfriend i ever told ended up dumping me. I would be in a relationship and i always thought it was strong. No matter how well thing were going within a month she would kick me down the road. And when i asked why, my sexuality was the reason.
This lead to me internalizing everything about being Bi and my want to CD.
I realized i needed to keep things to myself which is why im not really out to my wife or especially anyone. I have finally come to grips with my sexuality in the last 6ish years. I have tested the boundaries with my wife to hopefully ease her into me telling her the truth. I will tell her when i feel ready to do so. Until then i will remain in the closet. Kisses

Cladet

Every girlfriend i ever told ended up dumping me. I would be in a relationship and i always thought it was strong. No matter how well thing were going within a month she would kick me down the road. And when i asked why, my sexuality was the reason.
This lead to me internalizing everything about being Bi and my want to CD.
I realized i needed to keep things to myself which is why im not really out to my wife or especially anyone. I have finally come to grips with my sexuality in the last 6ish years. I have tested the boundaries with my wife to hopefully ease her into me telling her the truth. I will tell her when i feel ready to do so. Until then i will remain in the closet. Kisses
If she loves you then she should love all of you warts and all. Stay strong and hope everything works out for you. ?

LisaM

Dedicated Member
When we met at a divorce support group.I was amazed she took it well saying she wanted a guy with a soft femme side.It has been great ever since and she 100% loves it when I dress as Lisa which she gets involved when I transform into Lisa.Asked me about that and told her yes.

heelsinBC

It's an incredible gift, not a burden...
Vancouver Island (interior once in a while)
Country flag
This is a great thread. Not sure how I missed it up to this point. About 15 years ago, I realized I was going to implode. Or explode. From living a life of denial and frustration. Equal parts shame of being femme and of lying to my wife. I felt I had no choice, and I came clean, expecting her to run for the hills. Didn't happen. And while it didn't happen overnight, she eventually embraced. She even likes me sexually as Isabella. Maybe I hit the jackpot. But then again, maybe more GGs would be understanding than we think. Life is short, as was mentioned above.

Erica Satin

5 inch heels
Country flag
This is a great thread. Not sure how I missed it up to this point. About 15 years ago, I realized I was going to implode. Or explode. From living a life of denial and frustration. Equal parts shame of being femme and of lying to my wife. I felt I had no choice, and I came clean, expecting her to run for the hills. Didn't happen. And while it didn't happen overnight, she eventually embraced. She even likes me sexually as Isabella. Maybe I hit the jackpot. But then again, maybe more GGs would be understanding than we think. Life is short, as was mentioned above.
Mine knows but hates it. Have made love to her dressed before. Loved it. But she didn't, then told me she was not a lesbian. I dress when I can but try not to piss her off to much lol. You did hit the jackpot with yours.

Sara_zj

Country flag
If she loves you then she should love all of you warts and all. Stay strong and hope everything works out for you. ?
I think that the counter argument to this would be that she loves the you that she knows, and not the you that has been hidden from her. That exposing her to the real you isn't the you she may have fallen in love with.

I have been in a similar position to Trillian in all my relationships in the past, in that I have compartmentalized Sara from the my day to day life. Its extremely difficult to open yourself up to that level and expose your vulnerability, and every time you have a relationship fail because of it it gets harder and harder to expose it the next time.

Currently I have let me current partner know about me, so she knows I have all my clothes and that I will be spending time as Sara in future, but I haven't been secure enough to be open about questioning my gender. She has fallen in love with a side of me and I feel like a bad person when I try to make her understand that that wasn't the real me or the whole of me, that Sara who she doesn't want to meet is the real me and this part she sees is a part that I play.

Cladet

It's sad when you have feelings for someone and they can't or won't accept the person you are. I still believe that if a person had strong feelings for you then they should be a bit more understsnding. Stay strong.

Kathy Smith

4 inch heels
Country flag
I just came across this discussion and find it very interesting. My wife and I have been married for 46 years. Like many here I started dressing at a young age 11-12 years of age. It started the usual way for many, wearing my mothers lingerie. I really do t know why I started, it I had a strong desire to wear silky panties etc, and I enjoyed how they made me feel.

When I got married I would wear my wife’s things, especially her panties. But this was done secretly. We had a very active sex life and one day I just put a pair of her panties on prior to a sex episode. I told her how much I enjoyed wearing panties and told her all about wearing my mothers things for years. I told her I didn’t just wear mothers panties but also all of her lingerie, babydolls and dresses. She accepted the panty wearing but not the full dressing. Since that day she has purchased panties for me, we have gone shopping together for them and have incorporated panty wearing into our sex life. We often wear matching panties.

I have told her about dreams I had of being dressed totally feminine, going out to Cross Dressing parties etc but she doesn’t appear to interested in me taking that step. I feel lucky that she lets me do what I do and that we have fun with it. I still have a strong desire to dress fully feminine as often as I can when she us not around, and part of me will always want to share that with her as it is so hard to live this secret life.

wendyswift

Dedicated Member
Country flag
I remember the day I introduced Wendy to my wife very well.

Before I fully told her, I was already wearing women's one piece swimsuits in her presence. She would ask "why are you wearing that", my response was the suits held my bits well. Side note, a women's sixth sense is real, and looking back I think she already knew at that point.

I wanted to tell her for the longest time, because my dressing before was "stressful". Even when I had the whole house to myself while she was at work, I was paranoid when I heard the faintest creak or noise thinking she would come home early. Dressing for me was about releasing stress, not building up more stress.

I kinda of dropped hints about dressing, and one time we had a really good discussion about dressing and I wanted to introduce Wendy but I chickened out.

One night we were watching TV, and I turned to my wife and asked her if we could discuss something. TV volume was turned down, and I just told her that I was a CDer. Now the reveal, would she file divorce papers or be accepting. She asked me alot of questions like "are you gay", "did you want to become a woman (meaning sex change)", and the big one "why did you not say anything earlier". I answered each question openly and importantly honestly. After the discussion, she said go get changed, I want to see what you look like dressed.

That response floored me, I did not expect that. So I went downstairs, grabbed my stash and changed. At that time, I didn't do any makeup, had a cheap costume wig, but the clothes were quite decent. I wore a black pencil skirt, white long sleeved button blouse, and black blazer. I then called her downstairs (nervous as hell as this would be the first time she would see me fully dressed), I heard her steps from the living room, then walking down the basement. She looked me over, and said "you look like an airline stewardess". Then she went back upstairs. I changed back to drab after that. We continued to watch TV like nothing happened.

Since that day, I fully dress in front of her, full make up, and I no longer have to be paranoid by creaked and noises when I am Wendy. I can now enjoy my time as Wendy stress free. So yeah, she is accepting. Ground rules tho I can't leave the house dressed, which is fine.

She has bought me wigs/clothes for my bday and christmas. Now she is helping herself to some clothes and make up from Wendy's stash.

Raquel.

Dedicated Member
Country flag
Hi all,
reading others stories I can relate to all of them. When I met my first wife in 1980 I had already been dressing for 20 years and I was 26,she had just turned 16. I made a dicision not to tell her and managed to keep it a secret for most of our marriage which lasted 23 years. There were some narrow escapes at times but always managed to avoid her finding out . 6 kids and 22 years later I got complacent and she found a bag of my fem clothes and tipped them out on the table in front of me ....the bag also contained cassettes of me dressed as Rachel which I had recorded on our JVC Camcorder so she saw me as rachel in a mini-skirt, low cut top and and wig with full make up....well I was shocked and could not really deny it so I told her I had been crossdressing since I was very young.

After telling her, we didn't really talk to each other for 2 or 3 days and when she started talking to me again there were a lot of sarcastic remarks and tension beteen us. I think a couple of months went by and things between us were ok...she was throwing out an old skirt that she didn't wear anymore and I jokingly said that I would have it instead of her throwing it away so she gave it to me. After that things were ok for a while and one night we both had a good night out and were both a bit drunk...we went upstairs to have sex and to my surprise she asked me if I wanted to put her bra and panties on, anyway we ended up having sex both wearing bra and panties and it was the best sex I had ever had.

She did not mention it in the morning and as the weeks went by I thought she may have come to terms with it but everytime we argued over something she would bring my crossdresing into the arguments and use it as a weapon. To cut a long story short our arguments got worse and we would end up saying really hurtful things to each other. We stayed together another couple of years because of the kids but most of them were well into their teens and had partners of their own and they HATED us arguing. We both agreed to split and I stayed in the house and my wife went to live with her mum while she tried to rent a flat.

The strange thing is that my wife after about 6 months of our split had a "brief" Lesbian Relationship but eventually she remarried after our divorce came through. She did actually tell me in one of our more agreeable moments that when she had watched me as "Rachel" she could not believe it was ME and that I looked really good as a woman. I have always wondered if, in her brief lesbian relationship maybe seeing ME as Rachel she questioned her sexuality for a while.

When my marriage ended I was devastated because even though we were arguing I loved my wife. I do deeply regret not telling her the truth from the start about my crossdressing and she did say that was one of the things that hurt her the most. I understand her being hurt and that I was dressing up as a woman I suppose, could have made her feel almost like i was cheating on her with another woman...she couldn't really understand WHY I wanted to dress as a woman and initially she accused me of being gay...a misconception rather unfairly associated with heteroexual crossdressers. ( as I have stated before on here,I totally respect others sexuality )

Rachel.

Last edited:

Stephany

Dedicated Member
Country flag
When I was dating my wife she asked me one night about having satin sheets for our bed. I told her I love the satin feel. She asked me how I knew about that feel… kinda strange question I thought. I just told her that when we met I wore women panties most of the time. That when we met I had gotten rid of a lot of my female clothes. She had this look of why ? And how come and just that look. I said to her that I loved her so much I did not want to lose her. I would do anything to keep her. She asked what did you get rid of? I said a couple skits some bras and panties and a couple other things. She had the look of disappointment. She told me the group she met Tuesday and Thursday there was a crossdresser there and she always talked to him/her all the time. That 2 days later my wife said there is something on the bed for you when you get home. I want to see you in those when I get home from my afternoon shift. She went out and got me 2 skirts 3 tops 2 bras and new panties. All sitting on the bed. I had no choice but to sit there shed some tears and know that she loved me.

When she got home she said are you dressed I said yes. She had a big smile and me with the look of fear. She asked me to try on the different outfits see what looked best.

From that day on I can wear anything I want and she is fine with it. Last summer I wore a skirt bra as nd top out in the garden. Neighbours drove by and just honked to say hi. To this day I wear mostly panties and sometimes a bra. My awesome wife is fine with it. Infact she feels anyone should wear what they want as long as it makes them happy.

Just a thought for you ladies contemplating telling your significant other. Ask them why is it ok for women to wear men’s clothes and not ok for men to wear women’s……… it is ok for one to do it but not the other???

Whanda

4 inch heels
Kind of the same for me. I love dressing and do when I can but I like my male life also. I don’t want to risk losing the things I value, however, sometimes I really have a very strong urge to be Whanda and do so when I can

Mariane

More Like 6inch heels always.
Country flag
Reading all these stories I kind of feel guilty of dressing and staying under wraps. I have been married and have a girl friend and have never thought of coming out and telling them I love to dress.
I do benefit from having my own space frequently where I can bring Ashley out and dress but when my GF is with me I don’t.
So it is more of a hobby for me and I know many of you don’t like that word.. it seems to lack commitment or something.
Honestly, if my GF were to know, that would be the end of us and I value her more.
At some point I won’t be able to dress probably and that will be a shame but I am more a male than a CD and life is full of trade offs unfortunately.
I will have fun when I can.
You are all so lucky to have supportive others but can only assume there are bumps in the road.
You are right. I dont know if i updated mine when i did writte it. But me and My Gf of the time i wrote broke up.

It is in part because of me beeing trans. In other part because the couple was not going well.

Whanda

4 inch heels
Ohhh! To have a supportive partner. Meanwhile I am staying in the closet. One day, hopefully, Whanda will be out whenever the mood strikes.

Ashley050

Love the feel of dressing sexy and pretty
Country flag
Ohhh! To have a supportive partner. Meanwhile I am staying in the closet. One day, hopefully, Whanda will be out whenever the mood strikes.
You should let her out more often. You look great and its good therapy to dress and be the girl you love to be.

Mariane

More Like 6inch heels always.
Country flag
Missed this part of th discussion. I have wondered. Im sorry, Marianne.
Its ok. She could not accept me has beeing trans.

I told her we had a good month but it was still a bit akward. She was getting farther and farther. And in Mai (told her in february) She left me.

We lived together for another full year. From mai to mid summer i was going out to be myself. In september after a couple of time going out and knowing it was a possibility for my mom to know i told her. And 1 week after i came out on facebook.

My ex was not super happy about me coming out. To the public. I think it was her image she was worried.

In december i started to live has my true self. And then she left in Mai from this year. So its been a roller coaster.